Fuel Rebates Ltd gets the job done promptly, putting cash back into your pocket!
Who Can Get Refunds and How?
Excise duty is a charge imposed by the New Zealand government on certain products sourced from overseas and some products produced within New Zealand.
In some cases, we can offer refunds of excise duty.
Who’s entitled to a refund?
You’re entitled to a refund of the excise duty and the goods and services tax (GST) charged on motor spirits that’s used:
- as fuel in an exempted vehicle
- as fuel in a road user charges-licensed vehicle
- as fuel in a commercial vessel
- for search and rescue purposes in a dedicated rescue vessel
- for commercial purposes other than as fuel in any motor vehicle, vessel, or aircraft.